Tuesday, October 29, 2013

SETTLE BACK ON CHRIST

Settle Back on Christ October 29 The effect on me is to make me settle back on Christ and on His teaching as the only rest. Among all the voices, each saying a different thing, what a comfort it is to have His dear authoritative voice saying “I know, listen to me; I will tell you the whole truth. I speak only what the Father tells me to say. I am the truth, believe me, follow me.” I feel as if this was the greatest rest, and I have taken to reading His words with real avidity. I am going to pin my faith on to Him, and let all the other voices go. I mean on to His written word, something I can be sure of. As to inward voices, I am convinced there is no certainty there. And as to emotions and visions, I have lost every particle of confidence in them. Mrs. “Moses” sees visions continually, and has Christ present with her in bodily form every few days and talks with Him and He tells her she is all right! And as to Harris, his visions are endless. But the dear plain simple old Bible is not visionary or emotional. It deals with facts about God, and I am just going to believe those facts and there have it. And among other things Christ said, “Ask and ye shall receive.” He must have known, so that is what I mean to do. —To Sister, Camas, Idaho, July 28, 1881

No comments:

Post a Comment